Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tandoori Naan Indian flatbread pizza



Okay so if you aren't already buying this flat bread from Costco you are MISSING OUT BIG TIME. The flatbread is called Tandoori naan and it is by the bread section and comes in packages of 10. I use them for everything. I kept thinking about a yummy pizza creation and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
Tandoori naan flatbread(1 per person)
balsamic dressing
mozzorella cheese
small yellow tomatoes
bacon ( not turkey bacon)
grilled yellow onions
cilantro

Directions:
I first lay out my flatbread on a pan and drizzle a good amount of balsamic on top. I then layer with cheese ( just like a pizza). Cut your small yellow tomatoes in half and layer on top of the cheese. Cook your bacon in a seperate skillet and then add your chopped onion to the mix. After the onions are golden brown and your bacon is crispy layer it on top. I chop the bacon into pieces before hand. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top and place in the oven on broil until bubbly and melted. THESE ARE HEAVEN!

Thanks Sister in law Tanya for introducing me to them while visiting in Calgary!!

Ohhh lately I have been wrapping up salads that Jordan brings home from the hospital in the flatbreads and eat it like a wrap. We also make basic red sauce and cheese pizzas out of them. There are endless possibilities you can do with this yummy, chewy flatbread. Im sure you could fry em up and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment