I got this Pumpkin Chocolate chip bread recipe from Nie Cuisine. You can find her on the side of my blog. Great stuff! Jordan loves pumpkin Chocolate bread so I thought I would give it a try so when he walked in from work he would have an aroma of pumpkin yumminess. I was wanting it to be sweeter, but I'm always wanting things sweeter. Jage loved it! I passed some along to our neighbors and missionaries too( as you can see I made a ton).
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- one can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees;. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar with pumpkin until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Add sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips, and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.