Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Apple butter pork chops and Chive Mashed potatoes for V-day


So my guy loves a good pork chop so I decided to try the one I found off of ourbestbites.com and give it a shot! We loved it. I especially loved it. Here is the recipe.



4 boneless pork chops (about 1 lb. I just got a sirloin roast, partially froze it, and cut 4 chops about ½”-3/4” thick)
¼ c. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 c. high-quality apple cider
¼ c. apple butter
1 tablespoon water
1 ½ tablespoons Creole or coarsely ground mustard
1 tsp. pressed garlic
1/2 recipe of Caramelized Onions

Preheat oven to 375.

Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a small bowl. In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Dredge the pork chops in the flour mixture and then brown the pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they’re brown and crispy.

While the pork chops are browning, combine the apple cider, apple butter, water, garlic, and mustard. When the pork chops are done browning, add the cider mixture to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce begins to evaporate and thicken. Remove from heat and evenly distribute the caramelized onions over the pork chops. Cover the pan with a lid and place in oven for 30 minutes. I served ours with creamy-chive mashed potatoes.

Simple potatoes. I hate boxed potatoes with a passion. Here is the quick recipe:

4-5 potatoes peeled and cubed.
1/4 C. f free milk
1/2 C. light s. cream
1/2 stick butter
Salt and pepper for taste
1/4 c. chives chopped

I boil my potatoes until they are soft, drain em. and then put them into the kitchen aid and start whipping em up. I add the milk and then let em whip a bit longer, then add the S. cream, butter, and chives. I usually taste it and then add my salt and pepper. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment