Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake( pound cake) with a bit of Orange


This was a hit after our Valentines Dinner

Ingredients:
1 package pillsbury pound cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 water
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 juicy orange
1/2 stick of butter
1 1/2 boxes of strawberries rinsed and cut up
fresh whipped cream

Follow the directions on the back of the box for the pound cake. I added in some freshly squeezed orange juice from about half the orange. I grated a bit of orange zest to the mix as well. I put mine in a bundt cake so it would look pretty. While the cake was baking I made a orange glaze.

Orange Glaze:
1/2 an orange
1/2 C. powdered sugar
Mix the two until it looks glazy and creamy.

When the cake is done I poked some holes in the cake with a chop stick and poured in the orange glaze all over the top. It soaks down into the cake and is so yummy.

I fill up the middle with Strawberries and fresh whipped cream and serve up. I had extra strawberries and whipped cream to serve with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment