Friday, September 2, 2011

Autumn Pear Salad


Autumn Pear Salad:

1/2 head green leaf lettuce, washed and torn,
1/2 head red leaf lettuce, washed and torn (I just used the Costco Spring Mix I think it is and that worked great)
2 ripe pears,
thinly sliced 2 oz parmesan cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler (or bought already shaved at Fry's :)
1/2 cup unsalted cashews, toasted.

Dressing: 5 T. olive oil,
2T. Balsamic vinegar,
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. Dijon mustard,
1 T. chopped green onions,
salt and freshly ground pepper.
Mix dressing ingredients in jar, shake well and refrigerate. In salad bowl, combine greens and 3/4 of the dressing. Arrange pears, cheese and cashews over top and drizzle on remaining dressing. Enjoy!!



I have not stopped eating this since I made it the other day. I got this recipe from my friend Steph who got it from a friend. etc etc etc. The combination of the foods and dressing are amazing. Headed to the store right now to get me more olive oil so I can make it tonight! Yummmmo!


No comments:

Post a Comment