Saturday, March 10, 2012

BBQ pulled Chicken Sandwhiches



Ingredients:
4-5 Chicken breasts( or 8-9) chicken tenders
salt
pepper
onion powder
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce ( tangy if you can)
Hawaiian sweet rolls

Directions:
I placed the chicken in the crockpot on high and poured water on the chicken until it was about half covered. I sprinkled salt, pepper, and onion powder on top. Let this cook for a few hours and then drain the water. I always wipe out the yucky white chicken stuff left in the crockpot. Pour the bottle of BBQ sauce over the chicken and cook until nice and tender and until the chicken can shred really easily. Serve on top of Hawaiian sweet rolls. They have sub sized rolls that I just discovered. so yummy!

I just made this the other night and made it with my regular brown sugar bbq sauce and everything was a bit too sweet ( with the sweet rolls and all). Next time I would for sure just use a tangy or smoky BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment