Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Banana Bread



I rarely look in cookbooks anymore, but this one I found out of my Better Homes and Garden recipe book. I had some old bananas staring at me so I made some yummy bread that was gone in seconds.

Ingredients:

2 C. flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 C. beaten bananas
1 C. Sugar
1/2 C. cooking oil or melted butter ( I used butter)
1/4 C walnuts ( optional)

Directions:
Grease the bottom of a bread pan. Combine the flour, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp salt. In another bowl combine, eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Fold in the nuts. Pour into baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Let it cool for bout 10 minutes and then dig in.

No comments:

Post a Comment