Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Easy Almond Roca



So with it being the holidays I feel like I have had to bring so many desserts and treats to so many different events. Tonight I have to bring 3 dozen of something that I love to eat around the holidays to mutual. I got this recipe from my Young Womens leader back in the day. I just tried it this year and it is heavenly and so easy I'm embarrassed. Make this in a microwaveable container, but ( use glass, because the plastic will melt).

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup crushed almonds

In a microwavable container( not plastic) place the sugar, butter and water. Heat them in the microwave on high for 8-10 minutes. Stir half way through the time. In the mean time crush your almonds and place in a small pan. Put half of them down in the pan and cook in the oven on 200 degrees for just a few minutes until toasty. After the toffee is done in the microwave immediately pour on top of the crushed almonds. You then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and then the rest of the almonds. Spear the chocolate all over the toffee candy and then cut up and serve. So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment