Sunday, September 6, 2009

Eggstra yummy Casserole


I had this yummy Egg casserole at a baby shower brunch and tracked down the recipe, because I loved it so much. Lilly loves eggs so I knew she would eat it and love it.

Egg Cassarole
2 TBLS butter, melted
8 slices white bread
1 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
1 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar (I used mild)
2 TBLS chives, chopped (I used fresh)
4 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
grease 8 x 8 pan
Place four slices of bread in pan. Top with half the cheese. Sprinkle all of the chives on top. Place four more slices of bread, and then rest of the cheese.
Wisk together butter, eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over the top and refrigerate over night.
Bake 325 for 40 mins, until bubbles up, looks puffy.
I used a 9 x 13 and it need a little more bread, but not a lot. So I did a one and a half recipe of the milk/butter/egg mixture to be sure there was enough and it seemed to work out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment