Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sun-dried Tomato Pasta


I felt like I was sitting at the Macoroni Grill while I was shoveling this yummy pasta dish down my mouth. It is so so so yummy. I think about it alot, but it is just so dang not healthy for you in anyway. My friend Joanna gave me the recipe awhile back and I just haven't posted it. Im going to try and remember the recipe by heart. Here it is:

Ingredients:
2-3 pieces chicken cooked and cut into cubes
1 box penne pasta
3/4 C. Cream
1 jar sundried tomatoes oil packed
Parm. cheese
1 T. butter
3 shallots chopped up fine
Basil

Directions:
Chop up your shallots and throw them into a pan with the 1 T. of butter. Saute until they are soft. Cook your pasta separately in a pot on the side. Drain when finished cooking. Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the shallots and saute for 2 minutes. Pour in the cream and saute for another 2 minutes. Add your cooked chicken to the sauce and then add the pasta. I then just eyeball the parm. cheese and cover all of the pasta. I then sprinkle fresh or dried basil to the top and then serve. Pretty easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment